- 2 days of hands-on training to help make better decisions for your athletes
- A more accurate understanding of flexibility and mobility and how movement impacts injury and performance
- Enough knowledge to apply the Active Life Assessments in your gym the day you get back
- 11 hours of CEU from CrossFit HQ for Level 3 trainers
- Exam to become an Active Life Certified Gym
• Saturday Checkin: 8:15am – 8:55am. Saturday wraps up at 4:30pm
• Sunday Checkin: 8:30am – 8:55am. Sunday wraps up at 4:30pm
• We have a lot to cover and will start promptly at 9am each day.
• Lunch will be served.
Price: Only $999
You have no clue how much value you add. We implemented the assessments and principles from your workshop and it totally separated us from a regular CrossFit Box. The feedback from drop ins is the biggest sign. They walk away raving about our gym now!CrossFit East 10
Learn a systematic approach to flexibility, mobility and strength balance assessment to keep your athletes healthy, happy and training at your gym.
We cover a lot of material. Be prepared to work all weekend.
You leave knowing:
- How to complete the Active Life Lower and Upper Body Assessments (more info)
- When and why to use the assessments (more info)
- How to modify workouts based on assessment results (more info)
- How to use the website to program corrective action for your athletes (more info)
- How to use the Active Life Assessments to increase revenue (and happiness) at your gym (more info)
- Athlete’s Hierarchy of Needs
- What actually limits range of motion
- How repetitive use injuries occur and what you can do to help prevent them in your gym
- Understanding structural balance and chronic injury
- How to use the Active Life Lower and Upper Body Assessments to build trust
- Active Life Case Studies
- What e-stim, rolling out, tape, ultrasound treatments, etc. do and when to use them
- Frequently Asked Questions about Performance Care
- You are assessed by members of the Active Life Coaching Staff
- You assess 10 athletes with guidance from the Active Life Coaching Staff
Price: Still only $999
What You Learn
1. The Assessments
The Upper and Lower Body Assessments test flexibility, mobility and strength balance to identify limitation, imbalance and weakness.
Flexibility and Mobility Tests
An experienced Active Life Coach can assess flexibility and mobility in less than 5 minutes. Our assessment provides critical movement information to your athletes quickly and in a way they can understand.
- Ankle Dorsiflexion
- Knee range of motion in 2 positions
- Hip range of motion in 2 positions
- Shoulder Abduction
- Shoulder Flexion
- Wrist range of motion
Our Strength Balance Assessment quickly identifies imbalances your athletes can correct to reduce risk of injury and improve performance.
- Front to back
- Left to Right
- Unilateral to Bilateral
2. When and why to use the assessments
Every athlete at your gym should complete the upper and lower body assessments during your new client in processing and then:
- 60 and 120 days after their initial assessment
- Every 6 months thereafter
- If they develop pain, pinching, limited mobility or hit a training plateau
Flexibility, mobility and strength balance are more important to long term performance than establishing a Fran time or increasing a squat PR. Unfortunately most coaches concern themselves only with increasing current output without considering the sustainability of movement.
By regularly measuring and correcting flexibility, mobility and strength balance you’re building a sustainable base of customers who appreciate a long term approach to fitness.
3. How to modify workouts based on assessment results
Should an athlete who can’t touch their toes deadlift? Should they squat?
Should an athlete who can’t get their left arm overhead without pain clean & jerk? Should they do pull-ups?
What if their left arm is significantly stronger than their right?
We teach you simple ways to modify workouts for athletes with movement and strength balance issues so they can continue training while eliminating potentially dangerous weaknesses.
4. How to use the Active Life Assessments to increase revenue (and happiness) at your gym
The key to building an amazing business is money.
Equipment costs money. Traveling to events costs money. Continuing education, a larger space, a second, third and forth location…they all cost money.
There are 2 ways to increase revenue:
- Earn more from each customer you have
- Get more customers
Our primary focus is to increase lifetime value of your customer base by:
- decreasing cancellations due to injury
- increasing loyalty by building trust
- offering 1 on 1 and group assessments for an additional fee